Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Why Mold Must Be Removed Quickly
Mold develops in moist environments. Often it can begin to grow without us seeing it, either behind fixtures (walls and furniture for example), or even within them. While most of us are not concerned about a little mold, it is important to consider the environmental and health impacts that this can have on your home and family. Mold develops spores that travel through the air and are breathed in by whoever is in the building.
Why Time is Important
Like any organism, over time mold grows. This creates a wider problem of allergens and irritants within your home and it is important to act quickly because your health is priority number one. It is easy to clean mold yourself within the bathrooms, when mold is on tiled surfaces, however when it is in porous items, such as wood or drywall, a simple surface clean may not be enough to remove all the mold. This means that it will continue to grow back.
If you suspect mold growing in your Parkersburg home or business, SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties can help answer your concerns through a simple inspection, assessment and remediation, if deemed important to do so.
If you'd like to know a little more before calling us here are some mold damage tips. Or if you'd like to simply have your questions answered immediately, please call us now on 304-428-7378.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (304) 428-7378
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (304) 428-7378
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Parkersburg community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2210 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: